Gauhati University has published notification for Assam Common Entrance Examination for Ayurveda and Homeopathy 2017 (CEEAH 2017) for Admission into BAMS and BHMS Courses in State Govt Colleges.Candidates may apply online for Assam CEEAH 2017 from 17th July 2017 to 25th July 2017 through the official website of Gauahti Univeristy www.gauhati.ac.in.
Assam Common Entrance Examination for Ayurveda and Homeopathy [CEEAH-2017]
Name of Examination: Assam CEE for Ayurveda and Homeopathy, CEEAH 2017
Government Colleges Offering BAMS: Government Ayurvedic College, Guwahati
Government Colleges Offering BHMS:
- Swahid Jadav Nath Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Guwahati, Assam
- Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Nagaon
- Dr. JK Saikia Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Jorhat.
Distribution of Seats:
1) For BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) course : 50 seats
2) For BHMS (Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery) course : 150 seats
N.B.: The reservation of seats for different quota will be considered as per the Govt. Notification
at the time of admission.
Eligibility for appearing in the CEEAH-2017 for admission into 1st year BAMS/BHMS courses for the session 2017-18:
The following conditions must be fulfilled:
(1) Candidates seeking admission into the BAMS/BHMS courses shall have to pass 10+2 examination (Science) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
(2) No candidate shall be eligible for admission into BAMS/BHMS courses unless he/she: (a) is a citizen of India (b) is a permanent resident of Assam; (c) has completed minimum of 4 years schooling either at (i) HSLC or equivalent stage or (ii)HSLC and HSSLC or equivalent stages combined from the recognized schools conducting regular classes situated within the State of Assam. Provided if the candidate has not done 4 years of schooling in the State then their Father or Mother must have completed his/her schooling in the State of Assam for a minimum period of 4 years in the School level inclusive of Primary/ ME/ HSLC and they are to furnish the certificate listed in the Annexure-II whichever is applicable, in order for their son/daughter to be eligible for admission in the BAMS/BHMH Courses.Provided further that nothing contained in the Page 2 of 6 clause shall be applicable to the sons and daughters of the officers of All India Services allotted to Assam.
(3) Those candidates who have passed HSLC and HSSLC or equivalent examination from Assam shall attach mark sheets and pass certificates, they need not to furnish the certificates of schooling.
(4) The candidates must pass the qualifying examination without any grace marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually in the same sitting and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination in case of candidates belonging to the general category. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes/More Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination shall be 40%.
(5) Candidate’s age should not be below 17 years and above 24 years of age on the 31st day of December 2017; Provided that the maximum age limit is relaxable by 3 years in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, OBC and MOBC.
Mode of Application:
(1) Application for the CEEAH-2017 which will be conducted by Gauhati University, is to be submitted as per guideline of the University for appearing the Entrance Examination for admission into 1st year BAMS/BHMS courses for the session 2017-18.
(2) The application form shall be available on Gauhati University website (www.gauhati.ac.in
(3) Online submission of application form is mandatory.
(4) The application fee is Rs.1000.00 and Bank charges, if any, for candidates of all categories. The mode of payment will be notified in the GU website.
Type of Examination:
(1). There will be one paper of 360 marks which consist of three sections as Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Physics 120 marks; Chemistry 120 marks; Botany 60 marks; Zoology 60 marks). There shall be 180 nos. of multiple choice questions carrying 2 marks for each. The duration of examination will be of 3 hours. There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers. There shall be no marks in case the candidate selects more than one options in the OMR sheet. Eraser, whitener etc. Are not allowed to change options in OMR sheet.
(2). The question will be of bilingual – English and Assamese;
(3) The result shall be declared through the website of the Gauhati University.
(1) The examination centres will be Guwahati, Jorhat, Nagaon, Silchar, Kokrajhar, Dibrugarh,
Goalpara, Pathsala, Tezpur and North Lakhimpur.
(2) There will be three choices for selecting centre of examinations i.e. Choice-1, Choice-2 and
Choice-3. Based on the number of candidates opted for any centres, the name of the centrefor the candidate will be finalized and communicated through admit card of CEEAH-2017
Assam CEEAH 2017 Online Application:
Candidates may apply for Assam CEEAH 2017 through the below link from 17th July 2017 to 25th July 2017.
Assam CEEAH 2017 Admit Card:
Admit Cards for Assam CEE for Ayurveda and Homeopathy 2017 will be available from 28th to 31th July 2017.
Assam CEEAH 2017 Result/ Merit List 2017:
Merit List for Assam CEE for Ayurveda and Homeopathy 2017 will be available from 13th August 2017.