Director of Technical Education, Assam has published notification of Combined Entrance Examination 2017 (CEE 2017) for admission into 1st Semester class of B.E course for the session 2017-18 in State Engineering Colleges of Assam.Interested candidates may apply online through the official website of Director of Technical Education, DTE ie www.dteassam.in from 20 April 2017 to 5 May 2017.DTE Assam will apply new exam pattern of Assam CEE Engineering from 2017.
Assam CEE Engineering 2017 New Notification – Apply Online
Engineering Colleges of Assam and Number of Seats:
- Assam Engineering College, Guwahati – 420 Nos
- Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat – 315 Nos
- Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat – 240 Nos
- Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar – 120 Nos
- Barak Valley Engineering College, Karimganj – 120 No
- Private Engineering Colleges and State Universities of Assam
Assam CEE 2017 New Exam Pattern:
- CEE 2017 will be based on the NCERT Syllabus Adopted by AHSEC, Assam.
- The Examination will be MCQ Type and comprise of a Single paper of 3 (three) hour duration.
- 4 (Four) marks will be awarded for every right answer.
- 1 (one) mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The Entrance Examination will be held at the following Centers: Guwahati, Nagaon, Jorhat, Dibrugarh, North Lakhimpur, Silchar, Bongaigaon, Nalbari and Tezpur
Assam CEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for Admission to any of the Colleges a candidate must fulfill the following conditions:
- The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent resident of Assam.
- For admission into B.E. Courses the candidate must pass the Qualifying Examination individually in the same sitting without any grace marks in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with a minimum of 50 % (45 % in case of SC and 40 % in case of ST) marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The same sitting means a candidate must appear all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English together.
- The Candidate must appear in the Entrance Examination for admission (CEE – 2017).
- The Candidate must not above 21 years or below 17 years of age as on 1st August 2017. Upper age limit mentioned in (d) above is relaxed to 22 years in the case of B.Sc. passed Candidates. Upper age limit mentioned in (d) above is relaxed by 3 years for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- The Candidate must possess a good moral character.
- The Candidate must be physically and mentally fit
Assam CEE 2017 New Mark Distribution:
- Mathematics: 40 Questions (4 marks for each)
- Physics: 40 Questions (4 marks for each)
- Chemistry: 40 Questions (4 marks for each)
Assam CEE 2017 Exam Date:
Assam CEE Engineering 2017 will be held on 4th June 2017 (Sunday)
Assam CEE 2017 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket Download:
Admit Cards/ Hall Tickets for Assam CEE 2017 may be downloaded from the website www.dteassam.in by putting the Application Number and Date of Birth of the Candidates from 25th May 2017.
How to Apply For Assam CEE Engineering 2017:
Assam CEE 2017 Online Application Form:
Candidates may apply for Assam CEE 2017 from 20 April 2017 5 May 2017 through the official website of Director of Technical Education, Assam www.dteassam.in where the link of online application is provided.
Assam CEE Engineering 2017 Application Fee:
An application Fee of Rs.600/- is to be paid using “State Bank Collect” which facilitates payments through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.Payment may also be made at any Branch of State Bank of India after generating the Cash deposit Form from SBI Collect in Final Step of Online Application.Students need not require to submit any hard copy of the application.
Assam CEE Engineering 2017 New Official Notification
Assam CEE 2017 Information Brochure
Assam CEE 2017 Online Application (started)